Posted by PaulCastelli | Posted in A letter from Pastor Paul, Crosspoint, Life | Posted on 01-11-2012-05-2008
I am so thankful for all you have done for me this past month. October was Pastor Appreciation month and I have been blown away by your outpouring of love. The cards, gifts, meals, baked goods and gift cards have been overwhelming. I just wanted to say thank you.
I honestly believe I have the greatest job in the world and I feel so honored to have the privilege of pastoring Crosspoint Church and ministering to the families of Hernando County. I love my church!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
In God’s Hands
Posted by PaulCastelli | Posted in A letter from Pastor Paul, Crosspoint, Leadership, Ministry Opportunities | Posted on 30-10-2012-05-2008
Hey Crosspoint Church, here are FIVE things I want to share with everyone today…
1. This past Sunday we had 4 people accept Christ, Praise God! This year 336 people have accepted Christ, that is so amazing. I am so thankful that we get to celebrate life change every week at Crosspoint.
2. The Halloweenie Roast is tomorrow!!!!! This is the best chance of the year to reach out your neighbors and share Christ’s love in a practical way. Everyone on your block will come to you tomorrow. At Crosspoint Church we have a simple way of reaching them, pull the grill around to the driveway, put some sodas and waters on ice and then hand them out to parents rushing to take their kids trick or treating. It is a great way to connect with people, make friends and invite them to church. Please don’t miss out on changing lives! For more info or to sign up check out our facebook page
3. Operation Christmas Child. Each year we put together shoe boxes of needed items for children around the world. We partner with churches and ministries around the country to show God’s love to those in need. We will be handing out the boxes Sunday November 4 & 11. The boxes MUST be returned to Crosspoint by Sunday November 18. All the info, boxes, pick up and drop will take place in the lobby on Sunday before and after each service. This is small gift that will make a huge impact on the lives of children all over the world.
4. Baptism, Baptism, Baptism, Sunday November 18 will be our last Baptism service of the year. Don’t miss out on this. If you have accepted Christ, then take your next step of faith and get baptized. This is our way of going public with our faith. Invite your friends, family and those close to you to come and celebrate your faith. Sign up on our website Here.
5. To all our volunteers, save the date, Sunday December 9 at 6:00 pm is our Volunteer Appreciation Dinner. We look forward to this event every year. We get together to love on our volunteers and celebrate all that God has done in 2012 at Crosspoint Church. Keep and eye out for your invitations and dust off your party shoes.
In God’s Hands
Posted by PaulCastelli | Posted in A letter from Pastor Paul, Crosspoint, Ministry Opportunities | Posted on 24-10-2012-05-2008
Hey Crosspoint Church, here are FOUR things I want to share with everyone today…
1. This Past Saturday was our first ever Men’s Conference. We had 103 guys show up and rock the house for Jesus. It was awesome. I am so blessed that we have guys who want to step up and lead, in their families, their jobs, their schools, our church and our community.
2. This past Sunday we had 16 people accept Christ, Praise God! That is so awesome and I am so thankful to all our volunteers who make ministry happen each week! And thank you God, for allowing us the privilege to be apart of your life-changing work!!!
3. This coming Sunday we are wrapping up our October series (which is not a series) with Part 2 of Honor and the Lord’s Supper. Don’t miss one minute of the services. Bring someone with you, don’t come alone, God has a life-changing experience in store for you!
4. The Halloweenie Roast is one week away. This is the best chance of the year to reach out your neighbors and share Christ’s love in a practical way. It is the one time a year where everyone on your block comes to you. At Crosspoint we have a simple way of reaching them, pull the grill around to the driveway, put some sodas and waters on ice and then hand them out to parents rushing to take their kids trick or treating. It is a great way to connect with people, make friends and invite them to church. For more info or to sign up check out our facebook page
See You Sunday
Posted by PaulCastelli | Posted in A letter from Pastor Paul, Crosspoint, Leadership, Life | Posted on 26-09-2012-05-2008
Hey Crosspoint Church, here are FIVE things I want to share with everyone today…
1. This past Sunday we had our 1100th person accept Christ since we started Crosspoint Church, Praise God! That is truly amazing, and not only that but then the number grew because in Crosspoint Kids that morning we had 7 children accept Christ and that night at Crosspoint Students we had 1 teenager accept Christ. So now there are at 1108 people in the Kingdom, in 6 years of ministry. I am so thankful for all the volunteers, hard workers and the many sacrifices that have made this possible. Thank you Crosspoint, and most of all, thank you God, for allowing us the privilege to be apart of your life-changing work.
2. This past Sunday I taught on God’s Game Plan for your Faith, and it blew me away. God was speaking and revealing so much. In fact, there were a few extra things I wanted to share and expound on. We talked about faith and how we can grow it, it is the same way we build muscle, Eph. 4:12-16. So I got together with Pastor Pastor Wayne and we recorded a Sermon 2.0 We talked more about this truth and a few other things from Sunday. Click below and grow.
3. I cannot begin to explain how pumped I am for this upcoming Sunday’s message. It is the final message in the Game Plan series and you need to bring people. We have the room and we have extra seats. Let’s pack the house, because God has some life-changing truth to lay down.
4. The next series starting in October is going to be off the charts. We had an awesome series on Bible planned, but over the last few weeks I have felt the Holy Spirit leading us to postpone that series and tackle some other stuff. I know when God speaks we need to obey, so we are obeying, and the messages are shaping up and you don’t want to miss it. Do whatever it takes to be here in October.
5. The Crosspoint Men’s Conference. Man Up. If you are a guy you need to be here. Seriously sign up, show up and bring every guy you know. This is going to rock and I promise God will rock your world. Cost is only $10 and you get another ticket to bring a friend. It is 9am-Noon on Saturday Oct 20. It is a guys only event, Men let’s step up and lead. You don’t need to be convinced to come, you have been called to come. I am praying that God would move in our lives and I know He answers pray. See you there.
Posted by PaulCastelli | Posted in Life, Uncategorized | Posted on 11-09-2012-05-2008
Eleven years ago today our nation suffered a brutal terrorist attack. It was a day that started out like any other day but by mid-morning we would never be the same.
I always stop and pause to remember those who are gone, those who gave all to bring to justice the perpetrators and those left to pay our respects and live a life worthy of their sacrifices.
May we never forget.
Posted by PaulCastelli | Posted in Crosspoint, Leadership, Ministry Opportunities | Posted on 09-08-2012-05-2008
I am so excited about Sunday! Crosspoint turns 6 years old. We are celebrating with a several very special things that day. Here is how you can get the most of Sunday.
1. Our Worship service, it is going to be rocking and life-changing. Come early and bring friends, you don’t want to miss the the Highlight video of the last 6 years.
Service start promptly at 9:30am and 11am
2. Baptism, at the end of each service we are going to baptize people who are going public with their faith in Jesus. If you have never been baptized, no is the time. Don’t put it off any longer. Go here, sign up now.
3. An awesome lunch catered by Sonny’s BBQ at noon, if you haven’t reserved your seats, do so now. Go here, sign up.
I am looking forward to celebrating with you and over 800 people on Sunday. It is going to be special. You do not want to miss out on any of it!
In God’s Hands,
Wow, what an awesome reminder, read this article by Thom Rainer…
I am a leader.
My first and foremost priority is to do what is right. I have an obligation to my God and to those whom I lead to do the right things first. I cannot put my own career or my own future before those decisions that are clearly God’s plan.
the rest of the article is here…
I am so excited for this coming Sunday. It is going to be one of the biggest events ever in the history of our church and it is going to be a truly life-changing day.
There are so many people that God has put in the path of our lives and this Sunday is one of the most receptive times in their life to accept an invitation to church.
So here is what we need to do…
PRAY…We need God and His power on Sunday. We need to ask God to help us lift Him up, make the Gospel clear, and open hearts to His Son.
INVITE…Use everything and every opportunity to invite you friends, neighbors, coworkers, classmates and teammates to church. Don’t say no for somebody, invite everyone, you never know what is going on in their life and how much they need this invitation. Call, Facebook, Talk, Text, cards,
banners, whatever however, get the word out
SERVE…We need help setting up Friday night at 6pm, we need help serving during the 9:30am & 11am services and we need help tearing down Sunday at 12:30pm. Everyone has big plans for Easter, but no one’s plans are bigger than what God has in store.
We have been preparing and planning for Easter for months, the time is almost here, lets go all out and get ready for God to do the miraculous.
In God’s Hands,
P.S. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Eph. 3:20,21
Posted by PaulCastelli | Posted in Crosspoint, Life | Posted on 25-11-2010-05-2008
Today we all gather around tables with family, friends and celebrate, remember, give thanks. As we do that I am so thankful to God for all the ways He has blessed me, my family and Crosspoint Church.
As you recall all the blessings of your life, never forget the best is yet to come.
One final thought, please take the time to read George Washington’s Thanksgiving Proclamation, it truly is inspiring:
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me to “recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:”
Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.
And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.
Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3d day of October, A.D. 1789.